Colosseum Opening Hours
Colosseum : The Colosseum is open every day of the year except Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Here are the timings for the attractions throughout the year:
• January 2nd to February 15th : 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
• February 16th to March 15th: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
• March 16th to last Saturday of March: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
• Last Sunday of March to August 31st: 8:30 am to 7:15 pm
• September 1st to September 30th : 8:30 am to 7:00 pm
• October 1st to last Saturday of October: 8:30 am to 6:30 pm
• Last Sunday of October to December 31st: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Choosing The Right Time to Visit The Colosseum
• Best time of the year to visit
The Colosseum is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the world and your experience here depends on when you visit. Plan your trip to Rome in the low season from November to February since there are fewer tourists in the city during this time. The Colosseum will be much less crowded during these months, especially on non-holiday weekends.
• Best day of the week and what time should one visit to skip the queue
During peak tourist season (March to October), there's really no difference in the number of tourists in the Colosseum during weekdays and weekends. If you're visiting during low season, visit the Colosseum during the weekdays since it's considerably less crowded than on the weekends. If you're wondering what the best time to visit the Colosseum is, we have the answer. Try visiting the Colosseum when it opens at 8:30 to beat the crowd. If that's too early for you, you can also visit the Colosseum one hour before closing hour.
Book Your Tickets
EXCLUSIVE OFFER:Book now & get a Roman Highlights Walking Tour worth €18 for free!